Will Invisalign® Work for Me?
The convenience of Invisalign® is part of what gets it so much attention – our patients love being able to correct the alignment of their teeth discreetly. Unlike traditional metal braces, the trays can be removed for easier brushing and flossing, as well as eating and drinking. A common question patients have when considering Invisalign® is whether or not it will be an appropriate treatment for their orthodontic issues.
Although not all cases can be treated with Invisalign®, the clear teeth aligners can be a suitable technique for many cases. Patients with the following conditions can often correct and align their bite through Invisalign® treatment:
- Overbite (upper teeth bite over the lower teeth)
- Underbite (lower teeth extend in front of the upper teeth)
- Gapped teeth (spacing between teeth)
- Crossbite (both the upper and lower jaw are misaligned)
- Open bite (some teeth are unable to meet together with opposing teeth for a proper bite)
- Crowding (not enough room; often leads to crooked teeth)